Director of Ad Operations Needed for Top 200 US Website at Pub Ocean
Exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate to manage the day-to-day operations of our programmatic digital advertising stack across all owned, operated, and client web properties while working closely with our Media Buying team. This individual will have ultimate responsibility in managing the trafficking, analyzing, and optimizing of our programmatic digital advertising stack. The Ad Operations Lead will be joining our dedicated team of Sites Development and Ad Ops Team and reporting directly to the VP of Product at Pub Ocean.
The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of online ad technologies and markets while operating as the in-house expert of internal and 3rd party ad technology and reporting systems. The successful candidate will also have senior-level experience in AdOps/AdTech and a track record of excellent troubleshooting and communication skills across teams.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate as the in-house expert of internal and 3rd party ad technology and reporting systems
- Manage the day-to-day operations of trafficking, analyzing, and optimizing our programmatic digital advertising stack across all owned, operated, and client web properties
- Work closely with our Media Buying team by participating in internal status meetings to showcase metrics on all live properties and traffic segments
- Oversee maintenance of the ad stack across all company properties by working closely with websites product team to get products specified and built
- Manage implementation of all ad operations requirements
- Perform diligent and detail-oriented QA on all trafficked work
- Manage relationships with ad partners by developing strong and mutually valuable engagements with networks and advertisers
- Identify, develop, and close digital advertising opportunities with networks and advertisers
- Oversee yield optimization with the ultimate goal of achieving revenue objectives
- Work with colleagues across the organization to ensure internal alignment of the AdOps strategies, goals, and tactics with the overall Company goals.
The role is based in our New York office, with potential travel to our Polish and London/Bristol offices.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 6+ years of experience in AdOps/AdTech
- Proven track record of success in senior roles in AdOps/AdTech
- Master of Excel, Google Docs/Sheets/Slides and working knowledge of HTML, Rich Media, and Video Ad serving
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, with a technical mindset and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment and meet tight campaign deadlines from time-to-time based on volume
At Pub Ocean we value people who have great ideas and relish a challenge. We value loyalty and hard work, but we also value people with a sense of humor.
- You are highly energetic and proactive. You’re the kind of person who likes to make things happen. You get things done
- You are a quick learner of new technologies, tools, and processes; you easily adapt to changing tides
- You are entrepreneurial at heart and you thrive in a startup environment. You’re the kind of person who prefers to use resourcefulness over resources
- You are highly logical and pragmatic. You like to deploy your time on tasks that have the highest return on investment
- You LOVE data and spreadsheets because they give you all the information you need in order to project growth
- You are passionate about the latest developments in technology and the challenges facing publishers and creators of content
- You are confident, driven, and dynamic leader with excellent communication skills across teams and externally
- Medical/Dental/Vision - very competitive coverage
- Commuter perks - set aside pre-tax dollars for your commute
- Flexible Spending - pre-tax contributions toward expenses not covered by insurance
- Equity - for those that prove themselves
- A great city view of the Empire State building from the NYC office :)