Brand & Marketing Manager (Games)
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (Warner Bros. Studios/Warner Bros.), a fully integrated, broad-based entertainment company, is the global leader in the creation, production, distribution, licensing and marketing of all forms of entertainment and their related businesses. Warner Bros., a WarnerMedia company, stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry, from feature films to television, home video/DVD, animation, comic books, interactive entertainment and games, product and brand licensing, international cinemas and broadcasting.
The Harry Potter Global Franchise Development team is a corporate group based in both London and Burbank, charged with high level management of the relationship with J.K. Rowling and delivery of a one-company, lifecycle marketing approach to the management of the Harry Potter franchise globally.
The HPGFD team is led out of the London office by Josh Berger, President & Managing Director, Warner Bros. Entertainment UK, Eire & Spain and President, HPGFD, and managed on a day to day basis by Polly Cochrane, SVP & Group Marketing Director, UK and CMO HPGFD.
Harry Potter Global Franchise Development Objectives to inspire and enable sustained business, brand and revenue growth for the Harry Potter franchise and its related properties e.g. Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. To be a light and nimble team, integrated with the WB business units and combining deep knowledge of the brand with insight and expertise across our business. To provide Warner Bros., The Blair Partnership and Pottermore with a centralized franchise management team, delivering: leadership and oversight at a franchise level, coordination of complex cross-divisional initiatives, timely ‘one-company’ responses to proposals and questions, management of flow of approval submissions.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks Brand & Marketing Manager (Games) for the Harry Potter Global Franchise Development department. Reporting into the Senior Brand & Marketing Manager and working closely with the Brand & Marketing Manager both based in London, as well as external clients and internal stakeholders, the Brand & Marketing Manager (Games) is based in Burbank and will support the development of Portkey Games, game launch plans and post-launch plans and manage the day-to-day approvals and execution of initiatives.
The role will also support other Warner Bros. Divisions where required, proving a valuable resource on brand, marketing and creative guidance and approvals.
- Develop an expert understanding of all Wizarding World-related properties, including knowledge of the related rights and franchise sensitivities in order to be an enabler and source of guidance for divisions and partners.
- Become a key point of contact for WBIE and other divisions if necessary, driving franchise marketing opportunities and best practice.
- Supporting the development of Portkey Games including creating and ongoing development of guidelines.
- Work on Wizarding World game launch plans, inputting into the marketing and comms plan and providing guidance on all elements of the marketing campaign and materials in order to support our Franchise objectives.
- Work on games’ post-launch plans, ensuring activity always supports franchise strategies, is in line with Wizarding World marketing guidelines and, builds equity in Portkey Games.
- Manage approvals via The Blair Partnership working closely with the Senior Brand & Marketing Manager.
- Where necessary, with the London-based Brand & Marketing Manager, work with other Warner Bros. Divisions to develop their brand, marketing and creative plans, assets and guidelines.
- Manage the preparation of documents and presentations for both internal and external use.
- Work directly with the VP, Brand & Marketing based in Burbank on initiatives where required.
- Take on other ad hoc tasks as required.
What do we require from you?
- BA / BS degree preferred.
- Media planning experience.
- Demonstrate an existing expert knowledge of the Harry Potter book and film fiction.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a brand marketing role, either client side or account management.
- Extremely effective and tactful communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience working on multifaceted projects with exceptional project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders and key partners.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.