About Discovery Golf
Discovery Golf is a new international destination for golf fans created by Discovery, a worldwide leader in real-life entertainment and international sports, in partnership with the PGA TOUR. The platform, which launches in January, will include a dedicated video streaming service, ensuring you can watch many of golf’s most exciting tournaments, players and moments anytime, anywhere on every screen and device.
The PGA TOUR’s 12-year partnership with Discovery will seek to create a global home for all things golf, with new content and features added on a regular basis to build Discovery Golf into the ultimate golf experience.
Discovery is seeking an experienced social media strategist with knowledge of the international golf landscape to develop and execute a multi-tiered social-media strategy for Discovery Golf’s global OTT platforms. The Director, Social Media will manage all of Discovery Golf’s social-media initiatives, establish its social voice, and build and lead a social-media team that will sit in NYC and/or London as well as in local markets around the world. The person in this role will oversee the day-to-day operations of Discovery Golf’s social handles, including planning and posting content; tracking and reporting on audience engagement; and participating in the social conversations around weekly tour events. The ideal candidate has a strong background in the sports-media social space, can demonstrate impressive writing and creative skills, and is fluent in Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Hootsuite and/or other social-media analytics and management platforms. Experience in engaging with an international audience is a must.
1. Work closely with the content team to develop and drive an effective content strategy for the brand’s global and local social handles
2. Leverage original site content for optimization across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and help manage daily posting across social accounts
3. Be responsible for developing and maintaining social voice across platforms
4. Grow social media traffic to the Discovery Golf platform while expanding the social-media fan/follower base and engagement around the globe
5. Analyze content and data to deliver key insights/metrics recaps around the success of social media channels and content
6. Engage daily in the social conversations around professional and amateur golf, always in the Discovery Golf voice
7. Develop measurable organic and paid social-media strategy to increase awareness and engagement, as well as drive website traffic and OTT subscriptions
8. Work with creative/design team to create custom social assets and ideate and execute creative, forward-thinking social campaigns around programming to cultivate fandom, build awareness and stand out in the global golf social space
9. Identify and strategize opportunities for working with social influencers from around the world to amplify content and brand awareness, then execute those influencer campaigns and evaluate their effectiveness
10. Identify new ways to use social platforms to enhance storytelling and interaction with the global golf community
11. Interact with the various teams, including Editorial, Product and Marketing/Sales, to build impactful social media plans that benefit all facets of the business
12. Pitch story ideas to editorial teams and keep everyone apprised of breaking news and trending topics
13. Keep up to date on the latest digital/social media technologies and best practices (i.e. emerging products, platform enhancements and algorithm changes)
* Demonstrated success leading social-media strategy for a sports league or media company, and a good understanding of the inherent nuances of an international audience
* Expert in the social space as both a consumer and a producer on all platforms, but especially on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
* Analytical mindset with attention to detail, accuracy and accountability
* Organized, highly creative and a good writer
* Passionate about golf and fluent in the game’s unique language
* Well-versed in social trends across global markets
* A team player with strong project management and leadership skills
* Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
* Able to work non-traditional hours, manage remote teams and travel internationally
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.