People come to WRAL and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business.
WRAL Digital Solutions is looking for a dynamic thought leader to join our team as our SEO Manager. This individual will oversee all products and processes related to search engine optimization for our clients. The ideal candidate will have an agency background and experience working on multiple campaigns at a time. This person should be a technical SEO expert, an excellent writer, and have experience in front of clients. The ideal candidate has experience in content production and distribution, including an in-depth understanding for how to best utilize on-page technical optimizations for off-page organic success.
- Developing overarching strategies for each new SEO campaign
- Performing SEO audits to inform client contract terms
- Setting up keyword tracking for monthly review with client
- Creating and presenting comprehensive quarterly reporting for all clients
- Reviewing website copy for keyword optimization
- Developing content strategy for various campaign types
- Creating and submitting dynamic sitemaps for client websites
- Monitoring and resolving crawl errors and indexation protocols
- Reviewing backlink profile health and making recommendations for improvement or opportunities for new digital connections
- Monitoring algorithm changes within Google for individual impact on client websites and communicating these updates to the team
- Writing title tags, meta descriptions and ensuring proper H1 implementation
- Compressing oversized images and providing helpful alternative text for media libraries
- Reviewing and resolving slow desktop and mobile site speeds
- Creating and following a clear canonicalization strategy for larger websites
- Developing informed information architecture recommendations for new website projects, complete with wireframes and/or page hierarchy
- Conducting competitive analyses for clients across dozens of industries
- Testing and guaranteeing that all reporting tools are accurately and completely set-up for holistic reporting capabilities.
- Managing all relevant local listings across 70+ platforms and directories
- Providing the newsroom with guidance for breaking news or severe weather events that reflect near-live search behaviors across the state and Eastern seaboard.
- Experience with Google My Business, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Lighthouse/Dev tools, SEMrush, Screaming Frog
- 3-5+ years of experience needed
- Management experience is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to function and thrive as part of a larger team
- A four-year college degree
Additionally, this person will play an important role in strategizing content for ongoing blog campaigns for clients. This person will play an active role in assisting the web and design teams in assuring proper set up and implementation of websites and will have oversight of copy produced for new website builds to ensure it is properly optimized to client goals and target semantic keyword groups. As such, being up to date on all improvements, tests, changes, and more from Google and the entire search engine optimization industry are required. This role will play a vital role in continuing to shape the offerings and processes of SEO, content production, strategy, analytics research, and web development for our company.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
More search results
Lightbox OOH Video Network
Creative Technologist - 3D Technologies
Digital Marketing Specialist
Hollinden | marketers + strategists
Audio Technical Writer