Advertising Operations Supervisor, Programmatic
The Supervisor, Programmatic is responsible for leading the programmatic team that executes Programmatic Guaranteed, Private Marketplace, Open Auction and other for Cox Automotive Sites. This role will oversee determining campaign implementation/activation, header bidding strategies and revenue reporting in partnership with the Product organization. This role will oversee and educate on industry best practices within each platform and will advise teams within ad operations. The ideal candidate must possess strong analytical skills; including the ability to analyze raw data, interpret performance, draw conclusions and summarize actionable recommendations. This position and team are part of the larger Ad Operations organization and works cross functionally with many of CAMG business units in support of ever-dynamic advertising products.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the team including all programmatic activities: Management of queue, campaign strategy, campaign activation, reporting, data discrepancies and meeting team SLA’s. Implement, improve and maintain best operational procedures for the team.
- Partner with the Programmatic product team as an Operations Subject Matter Expert to advise on operational work tied to each programmatic strategy within all programmatic guaranteed and private auction deals.
- Prioritize all Programmatic activities, which include: relationships with all programmatic demand sources, new vendor selections, troubleshooting, new products, project sizing, setting clear delivery expectations, proactive communication, fulfillment, meeting deadlines and working to adjust priorities and expectations as necessary with product partners, team members and leadership.
- With internal stakeholder’s research and implement packaging and delivery of CAMG ad products and new operating models. Review new products and assess their impacts to current processes and capacity. Identify solutions to mitigate impacts on the department and organization. Work closely with peers within CAMG to understand and support our product vision, order-to-cash process, business objectives and execution strategies for content and data-enabled advertising solutions.
- Drive continuous improvement within team, Ad Operations and Sales by developing and communicating new or improved processes, platforms, and reporting. Be proactive about identifying areas needing improvement, both within and outside them, and carry out best practices.
- Stay abreast of changes to legal, ad offerings, industry and organizational developments and effectively communicate the impacts and options related to these items to our teams and leadership. Structure, guide, grow and train the team for ongoing scalability, experience growth and career pathing.
- Coach and develop team to create and meet SLAs, execute with quality, and meet individual development goals.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining team capacity plan, staffing and budget recommendations, and cross-team communication related to throughput and capacity.
- Responsible for ensuring team members are trained on all their job responsibilities. Provide leadership to others through motivation, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks or projects.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with our Product, Advertising Sales, Account Management, Operations, Engineering, QA and Legal teams, apprising them of any issues or anomalies that may impact their business or teams. Work with cross-departmental teams to develop consistent and efficient enterprise-wide processes for our online advertising products. Leading the effort when required. Develop and negotiate new processes, work with involved teams and communicate changes to impacted stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- 3 years of leadership experience in the digital advertising environment or an environment that is significantly relevant.
- 5+ years experience within a programmatic buying/selling platform; SSP, exchanges, RTB, Native, other.
- 5+ years experience with ad operations to traffic, QA, troubleshoot ad tags/assets and campaign tracking/measurement
- Proven success growing a team that grasps new concepts and processes quickly and executes them well.
- Solid understanding of the advertising technology landscape.
- Experience interacting directly with advertising clients, sales teams, and playing a hands-on role in helping to find options and solutions to client challenges.
- Understanding of ad inventory, trafficking and fulfillment.
- Understanding of the online advertising industry, ad serving technology and behavioral audience targeting.
- Experience generating strategic partnerships with advertising and media partners.
- Solid business background (MBA a plus), comfort with business planning and analytics, capacity planning, vendor negotiation and management, problem solving, and team-building.
- Superior project management skills. Ability to juggle multiple initiatives and keep team members on track, on time and on budget.
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty and do whatever is necessary to get the job done.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with all levels of leadership and staff; outstanding presentation & speaking skills.
- Superb attention to detail and organizational abilities, ability to troubleshoot and provide guidance and solutions for complex business challenges.
- Strong desire to work in a dynamic and surprisingly entrepreneurial environment.
- Proactive, with excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Proven success in sizing projects, setting aggressive deadlines and delivering on-time; for multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Significant experience with industry leading ad server platforms; SSP’s, DSP’s, Facebook, Other.
- Significant experience with industry leading data/audience management platforms; Adobe Audience Manager preferred.
- Comfortable working with cross-departmental teams prioritizing projects, weighing tradeoffs, setting clear expectations.
- Clear and concise communication skills with the ability to speak and present to all levels of the organization; including the ability to explain complex technical issues to varying audiences.
- Energized by the dynamics of the online ad space; comfortable responding and reprioritizing team resources based on existing and upcoming responsibilities.
- Ability to manage and leverage multiple projects and team member skill sets simultaneously; providing status and resolution to stakeholders.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Outlook, MS Word. Expert skills with MS Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
More search results
Technical Account Manager
Programmatic Ad Trader
Quotient Technology Inc.
Manager, Programmatic Operations & Solutions
Social Media Marketing Strategist
Customer Service & Digital Marketing Manager
Cameron Craig Group