As a Solutions Engineer at Tapad, you will help team efforts to win new business and service existing accounts by contributing key technical and product expertise. The Solutions Engineer will influence pre-sales strategy and will be responsible for the configuration and implementation of client data flows. You will become expert in varying requirements and use cases across our broad portfolio of customers, and develop the skills to apply Tapad's Device Graph technology to best meet client objectives.
You will also work closely with the Product Management and Engineering teams to create solutions and enhance the Tapad product based on customer feedback and market demand. The Solutions Engineer must be confident in articulating technology and product positioning to both business and technical audiences while establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
When you work with us, you matter. We ask our employees to make an impact and feel it is only right to give a lot in return. We offer every employee a 401k with matching, up to six months primary paid maternity/paternity leave, and unlimited PTO. We believe if you’re sick, feel like you’re getting sick, or just need a personal day, you should take that time to get better. We have free breakfast every Monday, free bagels every Friday, and a free and open hierarchy every single day. At Tapad, we make sure our office is full of individuals who can teach and learn from one another.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a Tapad technical product expert during client meetings, and as technical point of contact for follow up documentation requests and pilot set-up.
- Provide and organize responses to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Configure client solutions using standard Tapad products, and work with relevant product and engineering teams to develop custom solutions within the overall product development framework development
- Manage client data ingestion process for pilots and tests
- Escalate, track and solve client implementation issues
- Access internal systems and tools to fulfill requests for data and analysis
- Act as a technical resource in support of ongoing business development initiatives
- Document and report internally relevant marketplace learnings and client requests to inform future product development
To perform the job successfully, an individual should possess and demonstrate the following competencies:
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic who thrives in an environment which is fast-paced, demanding, fun and entrepreneurial
- Strong analytical skills - should be comfortable with SQL, data analysis, and internet technologies
- Strong consultative sales skills, personable, charismatic
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple prospect accounts simultaneously
- Knowledge of the online media business and underlying technology
- Excellent communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Ability to ask key questions to scope projects, qualify/disqualify opportunities, gather detailed product requirements, etc.
- Ability to create PowerPoint presentations and reports to convey Tapad’s value
- Technical skills: understanding of web technologies and digital marketing/advertising.
Familiarity with the below are strongly preferred:
- Experience demoing Platforms and or other ad tech platforms
- Data management platform selling and solution generation
- Experience in creating SQL queries and using the command line to process data
- Technical understanding of Internet tracking technologies from cookies to hardware IDs
- Ideal candidates are self-motivated with a proven track record in Demand Side Platforms, Ad Exchanges, Data Management Platforms, or Third Party Ad Servers with advanced knowledge of the ad tech space
- Extensive knowledge of the ad tech industry
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to clearly articulate technical solutions to prospects/clients during sales processes
- Ability to master multi-tasking and efficient workflow processes
- Ability to learn and conceptualize advanced technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and/or over 2 years of strategic level experience in marketing technology
Tapad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Tapad does not accept resumes from unsolicited search firms nor recruiters. In no event shall fees be paid to any unsolicited search firms nor recruiters, regardless of whether the candidate is made an offer or accepts a placement at Tapad. All resumes received through any channels will be considered the sole property of Tapad.