Programmatic Strategist works within the Programmatic group – as a subset of the Digital group, and reports into the VP, Group Director, Programmatic. While the programmatic group is a specialized channel, the role also requires the programmatic specialist to work with strategy teams as an extension of their plan execution process.
Programmatic specialists own their platforms and see campaigns from start to finish – inclusive of all self-service capabilities in planning, trafficking, execution, optimization, and reporting.
Platform (primary) - dsp
- Master the usage of demand side platforms for campaign set up, optimization, and reporting; inclusive of:
- Bulk editing and updating of campaigns (+ budget management)
- Working in reporting suite to glean insights on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Applying insights to create and manage campaigns
- Manage relationship with platform support teams to continually bring innovation to product and communicate updates
Platform (secondary) – partner platforms
- Learn and master processes and systems related to the trafficking and workflow management of programmatic campaigns; inclusive of:
- Primary Ad Server
- Billing/Planning system
- Verification systems
- Measurement systems
- Learn and become proficient in reporting systems that support programmatic campaigns (inclusive of data, verification, analysis that comes from reporting output directly in DSP)
- Work collaboratively with multiple groups both internally and externally (client and creative agency)
- Participation in status meetings – and communicate updates outward
- Clarify with strategy teams on campaign deliverable requirements
- Work collaboratively with analytics + adops teams on tagging requirements to QA performance
- Own billing and reconciliation process (inclusive of ad serving estimation) to maintain campaign parameters
- Communicate outwardly on partner recommendations + rationales to share feedback on partners
- Clear communication on if deadlines will not be met to manage expectations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years’ experience working at a media agency
- Knowledge of DSP platforms (Doubleclick Bid Manager, Mediamath, The Trade Desk, Appnexus, or Dataxu) required
- Be proactive: Show interest in constantly learning and growing
- Be organized: able to work with dept head to prioritize projects across campaigns while also clearly communicating progress and project completion
- Experience mentoring and guiding assistants/associates
- Team player
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary. Generous benefits including health coverage, unlimited PTO and matching 401(k)
Canvas Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Canvas Worldwide is an independent media and marketing services agency network that provides innovative, customized marketing solutions for brands looking to challenge conventional thinking and make their own bold strokes. Launched in 2015, the agency is dual-headquartered Los Angeles and New York, with regional offices in Chicago, Dallas and Atlanta. Canvas Worldwide services clients including Hyundai Motor America, Kia Motors America, Annapurna, Chicken of the Sea, Breville, and OneSight, with estimated billings of over $1.2 billion.
Canvas reflects a unique heritage: the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup; media and communications capabilities that match those of any large holding company; and a team of industry rock stars determined to shake up the world of marketing and media. Free of the constraints and legacy behaviors of traditional network agencies, Canvas was created to embrace the rapid pace of change in the industry with the belief that future viability means reimagining what's possible. This fresh, strategic approach to media marketing services has produced an environment in which it’s possible to fearlessly try the unusual. This central tenet is embodied by Canvas’s rallying cry: “Make Yourself Uncomfortable.” Under this banner, the Canvas team dedicates themselves to getting outside their comfort zones and resisting the conventional.
At Canvas, assumptions are left behind, everything is questioned, and in the process, the unexpected—sometimes even magical—happens daily.
Share on your newsfeed