Manager, Programmatic Operations & Solutions
The Manager, Programmatic Solutions is an integral part of the VICE Commercial Solutions team, with responsibilities and ownership over the programmatic offering in North America. Reporting to the VP of Commercial Solutions, this role will be seen as the primary subject matter expert at VICE on Programmatic in the NA region with support from the Global Programmatic teams worldwide. The goal will be to focus on the programmatic product and create data-driven solutions that allow the commercial team to become more efficient and able to navigate an ever-changing ecosystem.
Our programmatic offering is growing rapidly across the globe, and we’re working with some of the most sophisticated technology platforms to enable this. We are seeking someone with a keen interest in extracting insights from data, detail oriented, with an inquisitive mind. This role is central to a new chapter in our product and media roadmap.
- Support the operations and product development of VICE’s programmatic business
- Support the Sales team in the development and growth of programmatic buying and planning relationships within major digital media agencies
- Support the development of Agency Holding Company programmatic relationships.
- Serve as the senior programmatic consultant across the North America commercial business
- Provide clear, actionable strategic insights about scale, ramp time, creative assets, targeting, and ROI
- Collaborate with internal teams throughout all phases of the sales process while holding Client Partners accountable to programmatic sales at their assigned agencies
- Evaluate, recommend, and manage strategic partnerships with various providers in conjunction to the global programmatic team.
- Act as liaison between customers and internal product and operations teams to ensure our products and services continue to evolve with market needs
- Work closely with platform partners to understand the latest industry advancements
- Monitor monthly datasets and work with internal teams to optimize performance and deliver greater value
- Assist, educate, and update internal pre and post-sales teams.
- Minimum of 3 years programmatic operations at a premium publisher
- Ability to train Sales, Ops, and Media Planning teams
- Proficiency in the following platforms: Google AdX, and other SSP solutions, Adomik, DFP/Google 360,
- Detail-oriented, thorough, decisive & solutions oriented
- Strong disposition to learn, and an exceptional team player across several global departments
- Proven track record of delivering start to finish and complete deliverables w/ strategic thinking
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a strong work ethic and has the ability to adhere to speed, accuracy and responsiveness thresholds
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities, duties and projects in a fast paced environment
- Experience in client relationships, services and presentations is a must
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- High aptitude for managing expectations
- Solutions Oriented: propensity to solve matters rather than dwell on the problem at hand
- Authenticity, Integrity and Resiliency: takes pride and accountability for the work Informed: curious and interested in media industry news and literature.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.