Global VP of Public Relations
SpotX is a video ad serving platform with more than 7 billion ad decisions per day reaching 600 million unique visitors in more than 190 countries.
We are looking for a VP, Public Relations to join the SpotX Global Marketing team. In this position, you will play a critical role in partnering with C-level executives and the core PR team to set and drive strategic direction for the company's overarching communications goals. You will bring innovative ideas to life to build a quality public brand, strong and compelling messaging, and engagement. You should feel comfortable having a public persona, speaking at conferences, shifting between strategy and execution while handling a high volume of projects. We are looking for someone who can partner with executive leadership and the core PR team to drive transformations quickly and effectively, has a strong bias for action, is a bold thinker, and is able to collaborate across internal and external stakeholders. This position will oversee a team of directors and managers who will be responsible for the day-to-day public relations strategy for SpotX.
If you are a business leader who loves telling a story (especially about adtech), want to develop persuasive content, and have managed a PR agency to accelerate winning market share and profitability, then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Who Will Love This Job:
● A strategic thinker
who can creatively leverage the current industry and nationwide hot topics and tie them together with our products to garner top-tier media coverage
● A succinct writer
who can tell stories in an engaging manner and understands the power of communicating complicated topics simply
● An effective influencer
who relies on his/her collaborative style to persuade key stakeholders both internally and externally, to drive the business forward
● A builder
who recognizes the importance of creating a high-functioning team, upholding a high standard of quality, and developing processes that continue to improve PR performance to match the company’s growth
Making an immediate impact:
● Plan and drive public relations strategy in partnership with the core PR team that provides on time and within budget coverage that resonates with the target audience
● Use your noteworthy expertise on a range of adtech issues to advance storytelling and brand awareness efforts
● Serve as one of the strategic advisors to SpotX with a Rolodex of strong analyst and media relationships at local and national outlets with a divide and conquer mentality in collaboration with the PR team
● Pitch story ideas and serve as the primary liaison for the organization to the PR agency and media contacts
● Develop media strategy, deploy creative tactics for press coverage to make the SpotX brand a B2B name in the market
● Plan and execute a 12-month PR editorial and influencer calendar including but not limited to news releases, media alerts, case studies, infographics, fact sheets, white papers, etc. and ensure that they get disseminated through appropriate channels
● Provide guidance and help co-develop and execute a thoughtful Social Media Content Management strategy, with the PR team, geared toward defined audiences with a video-first mindset.
● Support and empower the PR team to Identify, organize, and manage speaking engagements, awards, and media opportunities
● Create executive keynotes that tell overarching stories, via key messaging, about SpotX, the ad tech industry and the future.
● Prepare SMEs in advance for interviews and ensure positive interaction with media
● Partner with marketing and other internal stakeholders across the organization to build a quality public brand, strong and compelling messaging to help create a magical experience for potential and current customers
● Strategically manage KPIs and effectiveness of PR campaigns as well as the PR agency SOW and share results with the executive leadership team on a periodic basis
Needed SpotX’er talents:
● A Bachelor 's degree in public relations, journalism, marketing or any related field
● Have a minimum of 8 years of professional industry experience with a focus on business to business (B2B)
● Have a minimum of 6 years of experience in public relations
● Experience working at a public relations agency or within a media outlet
● Stellar track record of securing top-tier coverage with technology related topics
● Experience working with industry analysts such as Forrester, Gartner, KLAS, IDC, Black book, Chilmark, etc.
● Strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media
● Solid relationships with key online/offline media influencers/journalists
● Experience managing a PR agency and external media contacts to build a high performing company brand
● A dynamic, "get-it-done," action-oriented attitude and experience in an entrepreneurial environment
● Excellent ability to identify ideas for media pitching and writing skills to convey them in a compelling benefit and audience-oriented manner
● Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up style environment and influence senior leaders
● Able to navigate ambiguity and have a strong vision for goals, driving for excellent results
● Ability to leverage social media channels to promote the company and employer brand
● 20% Travel
We offer comprehensive benefits to keep you healthy as you grow in your life and career. Your merit-based compensation will reflect the impact your work has on the company and our customers.
SpotX is the leading global video advertising platform that enables media owners and publishers to monetize premium content across desktop, mobile and connected TV devices.
Visit our About Us page to learn more.
More search results
Ad Ops Specialist
Her Campus Media
Product Manager, Consumer Marketing
Alder BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.
Associate Director, US Oncology Marketing (Advert…
Pharmacyclics, an Abbvie Company