Head of Inside Sales
IDG, a global media, data, and services company, is seeking a Head of Inside Sales to join the team in Framingham, MA. Excellent benefits including health (medical, dental, and vision), 401k, and time off allocations are available to all employees starting day one of employment. Upon joining IDG, you can expect to be part of a culture that rewards, recognizes, and respects achievement.
The Head of Inside Sales is critical to our success in achieving both our short and long-term revenue goals. This role will play an instrumental part in helping get our team of new Business Development Reps (“inside sales reps”) trained and up to speed. The Head of Inside Sales will also be responsible for leading the team to help uncover new business opportunities in the market for IDG while also making sure they are continuing to grow our existing business pipeline.
We are looking for an energetic, driven, and proven team leader who has experience building and motivating teams of Business Development Reps (BDRs). Our BDRs have diverse backgrounds and varying levels of experience but the one thing they have in common is an immense drive to succeed and crush their revenue goals. The ideal candidate for this role will be enthusiastic and passionate but also someone who isn't scared to push the boundaries and try new things. The focus of the Head of Inside Sales will be handling inbound traffic and interests of companies in our space who would benefit from utilizing IDG's portfolio of products offerings.
The Head of Inside Sales will be responsible for:
- Motivating and engaging a team of 7-8 BDRs to achieve revenue targets
- Setting performance expectations and coaching team members on how to achieve performance goals
- Training, growing, and developing the team of BDRs; guiding the team on best practices for pipeline management, demand generation, rapid qualification, deal negotiations, handling objections, and closing
- Measuring and analyzing key performance indicators to drive improved performance and accountability across the board
- Implementing and fine tuning selling strategies to drive consistency and velocity throughout the sales lifecycle
- Engaging with employees on a regular basis to create a great team environment and positive office culture
- Partnering with internal sales leaders and other leaders within the business to develop and implement new selling strategies
- Collaborating with internal teams such as Marketing, Customer Success, and Finance to establish plans to accelerate revenue growth within the territories
- Demonstrating good judgement in analyzing information to make routine decisions
To gain the respect of your team, you'll have to have a bachelor's degree that's supported by a good sales track record. Additionally, you will need 3+ years of proven inside sales management experience where you've supported an inside sales team and held team members accountable for hitting set KPIs (weekly, monthly, quarterly). We're looking for those who have media, data and services industry knowledge, but we're also keen to meet with anyone who has carried out a similar role in a large technology company. Your personality is just as important. In order to help the team be the best they can be, you'll need to be the kind of hands-on, proactive, motivational and driven sales professional that inspires. Yet to produce results, you'll also need to be organized, detail-focused and able to juggle more than most people think is possible.
Please be sure to upload a formatted version of your resume and cover letter during the application process.