WRAL TechWire Business Development Coordinator
WRAL TechWire is North Carolina’s only free technology and business publication. We are a multimedia brand engaging audiences through stellar reporting, digital media, video, podcasts and events. In an age when “why” matters most we tell stories that resonate with our loyal and emerging audience regionally and nationally.
At the heart of what we do is a vision of a more connected, collaborative, and innovative North Carolina. We have many goals to realize this vision. Foremost among our goal are:
- Our storytelling will connect people to the possibility of a brighter economic and social future.
- Our partnerships and strategic initiatives will encourage collaboration between the public and private sector.
- Our unifying efforts will accelerate innovation and encourage the greater community to know and be proud of North Carolina's innovation economy.
The WRAL TechWire Business Development Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Prospecting and closing new business while working collaboratively with manager to grow existing partnerships
- Serving as primary point of contact on assigned book of business, responsible for identifying incremental growth opportunities
- Setting new business development appointments for manager and self and following up with pertinent information and next steps in a timely way
- Ensuring that all pertinent campaign, client, and prospecting information is well documented in Matrix (CRM) and communicated to internal teams.
- Regularly monitoring and providing in-depth reporting tailored to each client’s goals and objectives and communicating how their needs are being met through electronic and in-person means
- Regularly communicating with business development and fulfillment teams to ensure that internal processes are aligned to deliver an outstanding client experience
- Supporting the Manager of Strategy & Business Development in other ways as assigned
- 3+ years of sales, business development, or fundraising experience in the marketing, communications, media, higher education or nonprofit sectors and at least 1 year of client service experience in the marketing, communications, media, higher education, or nonprofit sectors
- Expertise scoping out and managing integrated digital marketing campaigns or strategic planning processes in marketing, communications, media, higher education, or nonprofit sectors
- Highly-skilled in client stewardship and at nurturing and sustaining client relationships
- A team player who can work with others toward common goals
- Gives and receives feedback internally and externally in a constructive way
- Background in digital marketing preferred
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality and Bull Durham Beer Co., and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC; and Professional Builders Supply (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.