Data Management Platform Specialist
The Data Management Platform Specialist will be responsible for driving the implementation and deployment of the Data Management Platform. As a member of the Omni Channel Media Team the person in this role will take the lead in establishing the DMP platform from initial launch, through pilot phase and the fully realized utilization of system to deliver business outcomes moving forward.
- Subject matter expert in DMP audience creation, management and maintenance
- Collaborate with media partners to configure, test, and validate destinations (social, display, rich media, targeting platforms) to send segments for audience activation
- Oversee data taxonomy creation, set up & measurement within platform; managing relationship and key applications of our DMP partner
- Lead first (CRM and website analytics) , second and third party data collection planning and requirements and work with internal resources and vendors to obtain and activate necessary data sources
- Develop advanced customer segmentation strategies and use segmentation to build audiences across marketing channels that feed into larger programmatic buying solutions, addressing challenges as they arise
- Analyze internal, external and integrated audience data and information to identify insights that support business decisions and initiatives, from planning phases through activation in a continuous improvement cycle
- Develop reporting capabilities using the DMP to assess audience overlap, trends in size/composition, advertising effectiveness while building a cohesive and unified view of audience data
- Understand the latest industry trends and use cases surrounding the use of the DMP and champion best practices
- Collaborate with vendors and internal legal teams to ensure compliance associated with data-sharing, data ingestion and data-transfer processes
- Work with IT to develop tagging infrastructure to make sure all data on brand and E-commerce websites, apps, and E-mails is being captured correctly
- Analyze and organize the data available to the business. Inspect, clean, understand, and transform data while keeping the big picture of the business model in mind and analyze with focus and purpose to transform quality data into an asset
- Responsible for all aspects of digital campaign analytics including evaluation of marketing program effectiveness and clear communication of results/insights to paid media and resort marketing teams across the organization and external media agencies
Qualifications and Experience:
7-10 years’ experience implementing and/or using DMP platform (preferably Salesforce/Krux) specifically in creating attributes, segments, pushing audiences live and audience analysis. Passion for marketing analytics.
- tag management systems (such as Tealium IQ, Ensighten, BrightTag or Google Tag Manager)
- DSPs (Demand Side Platform e.g. DoubleClick Bid Manager) and DMP (Data Management Platform e.g. Salesforce/Krux) to extract campaign analytics data
- Analytic tools/software such as SAS, SPSS, MS Access, Cognos, Tableau/Datorama, Adobe
- Ad servers (e.g. DoubleClick Campaign Management)
- Attribution management platforms (e.g. Visual IQ or Adometry)
- Marketing Technology/Automation, CRM onboarding, Customer Experience Management, Customer Journey Mapping, Business Consultancy, Web Analytics or related roles
- Online media or digital media planning/buying/agency/technology strategies
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred in quantitative field such as Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science/Engineering)
- Expert at full utilization of a DMP for maximizing marketing executions and establishing consumer journey path
- Solid experience with Web Analytics (e.g. Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics)
- Skilled in ad servers, DSPs, and general ad technology.
- Strong analytical skills and a natural affinity for numbers is key. You must be able to analyze raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations as needed, as well as possess the ability to think through rule-based segmentation logic and explain this to others.
- High attention to detail, and good organizational skills, with an deep understanding of digital marketing and advertising approaches across display, video, programmatic, SEM, social, affiliate, marketing automation/e-mail, search, and social platforms.
- A passion for everything digital, with an active interest and understanding of online advertising industry trends.
- You possess strong communication, presentation and relationship building skills
- Skilled in writing and conveying ideas in a clear, compelling and concise way
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Results oriented but flexible and adaptable in how you achieve those results with others
- Comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity that comes with working with large cross functional/brand teams
- Innovative thinker, team player, results driven wanting to make impact
More search results
Marketing Manager (201228)
US writers - remote, freelance
Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor of Integra…
New York University
PT Sales & Marketing Associate