The Sales Planner is a sales support role and subject-matter expert tasked with generating programmatic PMP proposals and RFP response documentation, data gathering and analysis, and enabling programmatic sales & profitability. It is primarily a tactical and execution role that supports the efforts of the Programmatic sales team nationally.
- Uses campaign planning tools to assist in the development of sales proposals with input from Revenue Management and Sales teams.
- Reviews final proposals and ensures all the requirements for a successful and compelling proposal that meets/exceeds client expectations are documented.
- Understands customer needs, focusing on client service and supporting Programmatic Account Executives in deepening sales within existing accounts.
- Leverages industry data, trends and approaches to advertising, sale, and business development in proposals that win business for Clear Channel Outdoor.
- Ensures relevant and accurate turnaround of proposal requests in a timely manner.
- Works with Marketing Solutions team to put together compelling sales materials for RFP proposals, programmatic sales meetings, and proactive pitches.
- Supports Programmatic Account Executives in development of client proposals; including spreadsheets, pricing data, marketing material, etc., and assembling required documents for client proposals.
- Collaborates with Programmatic Account Executives to understand and support client proposal requirements; including templates, audience research, competitive spending data and creative and production requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Advertising, Media, Marketing, or equivalent field, or a combination of relevant work and educational experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a sales, client service or agency environment required
- Experience working in a digital or programmatic sales environment preferred
- Organized with ability to multi-task, manage own time, and prioritize work.
- Ability to gather information, sort through complex issues, seek input from others, and operate independently.
- Ability to identify root cause of issues and work quickly to resolve them.
- Exhibit financial and business acumen.
- Understands audience delivery concepts and able to interpret audience metrics.
- Excellent communication skills; actively listens to and partners with others, possesses strong written & verbal communications and document creation skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment while accomplishing individual projects.
- Competent in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices.
- Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Action Orientation: Operates at a rapid pace; maintains poise and composure in times of stress; works at a high level of efficiency for long periods of time; manages multiple assignments and projects at the same time.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Self-Management: Attends to detail without being rigid; is thorough and complete with task assignments; focuses on most important items first.
- Collaboration: Modifies personal style to work more effectively within a team; involves stakeholders in defining the problem and best solution.
The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must have the ability to sit and/or stand at a desk for a minimum of 8 hours a day and complete tasks requiring repetitive use of hands.
- Employee must have the ability to lift and move items up to 15 pounds.
- Employee must have the ability to see written documents and computer screens, and to adjust focus.
- This job is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.